Inspiring Lives: Maturity

Inspiring Lives: Maturity

I am focused on my studies now. I am matured enough to tackle things on my own. I am at my maturity, and it is permissible for a matured lady to do whatever she wanted to do as long as it does not harm herself and others. I may sometimes say to myself, "My juvenile years have passed by”. It seems that my maturity will always stay.

I wonder how many people at present remember when I was still in Zamboanga City. In 1994, my mother sent me temporarily there. A maiden accepted me and treated me as her youngest daughter. She took care of me then and did everything like my real mother. She did everything just to have me permanently. She always told me, "You’re really like a doll, my daughter". It's somewhat the reason why she wanted to own me.

Yet, I still remember it too well. My mother went back to Zamboanga City to take me back home to Cebu. However, the maiden changed my name. She insisted and told my mother that I was not the girl my mother gave to her to fend for. Moreover, she told my mother that I had been given to another person to be taken care of. I saw my mother's disappointment on her face.

Later, she approached me, talked to me, and then she suddenly raised my dress. Undeniably, my mother saw my birthmark near my navel and the maiden couldn’t do anything but to give me back to my mother.

I was just five years old at that time when we went to live in Cebu where I had the chance to be with my parents and two younger brothers. Just as I thought that we would be a happy family. However, the outcome wasn't as I expected.

My mother and father often had misunderstandings and were always fighting. As the eldest child, I was greatly affected with it, but I had nothing else to do but watch them argued because I was scared I might be involved in their fight.

As children, we could say we’re probably one of the reasons why they fought, yet we didn't have the capability to remedy the matter. Moreover, I didn't fully understand what's happening around at that time.

At such an early age, I already managed my mother's small business. She left me to handle the business while I also took care of my two brothers. On the other hand, my mother would find means to earn money outside. My parents did everything just to save us from famine.

Refreshing the thoughts from my elementary years, I may somewhat say that I was pathetic at that time. My parents were there but they weren't able to help me because they were too busy with their business. There were times when I asked them “why”, but there were no other words they could respond but "sorry". Though, I understood them anyway. They just did it to preserve our lives. As for my part, I didn't know if I was being a good child to them, but I know I did everything they said.

Now, as a high school student and about to finish secondary education, I can say that we’re able to improve our status in life this time. Recalling those times in my high school years, I experienced true happiness, love and disaster at that stage in life.

As a servant of God, one of my greatest happiness is to be with those people who have great responsibilities in our church. I really want to be with them. Fortunately, I belong now. I had various church responsibilities and I am exalted in these fields. It seems that I'm easily satisfied. When it comes to God, my arms are wide open for his countless graces.

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2021

QuoteSincere